Water supply to get affected in THESE areas today in Delhi, check here
The Delhi Jal Board informed residents on Friday that the water supply will be affected in some areas of the national capital today in the evening. People living in certain areas of Delhi will either receive no water supply or will have low pressure on the evening of March 3, 2023, due to the interconnection of the 900-mm-diameter Khayala Main at Wazirpur and Punjabi Bagh.
The water supply agency also recommended the city residents to store a sufficient quantity of water in advance as per their requirements. Water tankers will only be made accessible upon request, it added.
The water production report said Normally, the Wazirabad water treatment plant supplies 134.5 MGD (million gallons per day) to its catchment areas, but production is running at 83 MGD.
Read Also: Delhi Commission of Women issues notice to Uber India, Delhi police over molestation of scribe
Areas to be affected are:
- Command area of Naraina UGR i.e., Inderpuri, Mayapuri, Todapur Village. Naraina Village, Naraina Vihar, and Krishi Kunj,
- Raja Garden, Basaidarapur, Raghubir Nagar, Madipur JJC and Village, Punjabi Bagh Extn., Ramesh Nagar, Mansarovar Garden, and Rajouri Garden area.
- MES and command area of Kriti Nagar BPS/UGR, HMP Colony.
- Partially Command area of Punjabi Bagh BPS/UGR, Tilak Nagar, Khayala, Vishnu Garden, JJ Colony Khayala, Ravi Nagar & Chand Nagar and adjoining area.
Delhi Jal Board also issued helpline numbers:
- Central Control Room: 011-23527679/23634469
- Water Emergency
- Punjabi Bagh: 011-25223658
- Shivaji Enclave: 011-25193140/25174140
Karnataka hijab ban: Supreme Court to form bench for plea seeking permission to allow hijab during exams
BJP lashes out at Rahul Gandhi’s statement in Cambridge, Anurag Thakur says defaming India is his habit