Why is actor Dileep’s wife Kavya Madhavan trending again, here are five points you need to know about the case
Seems like the troubles for actor Dileep are not ending soon. Sai Sankar, a computer expert, was taken into custody by the Crime Branch police team on Friday. According to reports, Sai allegedly helped Dileep and his aides in cleaning up their mobile phones. Actor Dileep is accused in the 2017 abduction and sexual harassment case and it seems like the investigative team has found a new lead on this case.
Based on a disclosure made by director Balachandra Kumar and Dileep’s former friend states that the actor conspired to get away with the police officials who probed the 2017 actress abduction case.
Having done films like Ee Puzhayum Kadannu, Vellaripravinte and Salaapam, Actor Dileep has won several awards like Best Actor in Lead Role for Vellaripravinte, Special Jury Award for Kunijkoonan and Special Mention for Chanthupottu. And once again the actor has made it to the headlines but for the wrong reason. The investigative team of the 2017 abduction and sexual harassment case have built a strong case against actor Dileep and it seems like the testimony given by his former friend Balachandra Kumar has worked against the actor.
Here are the five pointers which will give you a clear insight into this case.
· On 28 June 2017, actor Dileep was interrogated for the first time by Kerala Police in connection with the abduction and sexual assault of a popular Malayalam actress.
· On 10 July 2017, Dileep was arrested by the Kerala Police for alleged conspiracy but was later remanded by the court. Following his arrest, actor Dileep’s membership was revoked and cancelled by various film organizations.
Read Also: Happy Birthday Swara Bhasker: From Padmaavat open letter to statement on Hijab, here are actor’s 5 major controversial statement
· In June 2018, Dileep filed a petition in the Kerala High Court charging the Kerala Police with deliberately framing him. The actor even requested the case to be handed to the CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation). Later actor Dileep filed an additional plea requesting his access to the video footage of the incident. However, the plea was denied by both the Kerala High Court and the Angamaly Magistrate Court.
· In October 2018, actor Dileep was granted bail by the Kerala High Court. And In April 2019, the Government of Kerala froze charges against him until the court gave an independent verdict on the case.
· In December 2021, film director Balachandra Kumar gave an interview to a leading news channel where he alleged that he was witness to discussions among people including Dileep regarding attacking police officers leading the investigation of this case, turning witnesses hostile, and being in illegal possession of the assault video. The director even claimed to have the audio recordings of these conversations. Hence, based on these claims, Kerala police registered a new case against actor Dileep for conspiracy to assault investigating officers.
Oscars ban Will Smith for 10 years from attending ceremony for slapping Chris Rock
Sonam Kapoor, Anand Ahuja’s New Delhi house robbed, cash and jewellery worth Rs 1.41 crore stolen; investigation underway