Electric scooter explodes inside house in Karnataka's Mandya district, fridge, TV damaged
In yet another shocking incident, an electric scooter exploded while it was being charged inside a house in Karnataka’s Mandya district on Monday, damaging several home appliances. A family of five was present in the house when the mishap occurred.
According to the reports, the incident happened in Valagerehalli village of Maddur taluk when the owner of the vehicle, Muthuraj, who bought the e-scooter for Rs 85,000 about six months ago, parked the vehicle inside the house for charging at around 8:30 am today.
Minutes after plugging in the e-scooter, the battery exploded and the e-scooter was covered in flames. Due to the mishap, several home appliances including a TV, fridge, two-three mobile phones, dining table, and other items were burnt and the glasses shattered.
Read Also: Lok Sabha adjourned after BJP ruckus over Rahul Gandhi’s UK remarks; no place for democracy under Modi rule, says Kharge
All five members of the family were present at home at the time of the incident. Fortunately, they all had a narrow escape as they were not close to the e-scooter when the incident occurred.
Muthuraj said they tried to control the fire but their efforts went in vain. By then the fire had engulfed other household items.
This is not the first case when the e-scooter had caught fire. Earlier, an e-scooter exploded while it was being charged at home, killing a 7-year-old boy. As per reports, the deceased, identified as Shabbir, and his grandmother were sleeping in a hall at their home, where the electric scooter was plugged in for charging by his father.
While Shabbir’s grandmother suffered minor injuries, the boy suffered over 70 percent burns and was rushed to the hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
Man kills father, chops up body over property dispute in UP’s Gorakhpur
Farmers suicide not new issue, happening for many years, says Maharashtra Agriculture Minister