For the best experience, open
https://m.apnlive.com
on your mobile browser.
Advertisement

Fire breaks out in office of Prayag Guest House in Kanpur

A major accident was averted as the guest house office was closed and there was no staff present at that time.
03:29 PM Oct 16, 2022 IST | APN Live
fire breaks out in office of prayag guest house in kanpur
Advertisement

A massive fire broke out in the office of Prayagraj Guest House in Uttar Pradesh’s Kanpur on Sunday. This created a stir among the local people, and they immediately informed the fire department about the incident. Two fire tenders rushed to the spot and brought the flames under control after a lot of effort.

Advertisement

No casualties have been reported and no one got injured in the mishap because the guest house was closed. The fire is said to have been caused by a short circuit. The office was completely destroyed, and the goods within the office were burned.

The police also reached the scene and informed the owner of the guest house about the mishap. The guest house is owned by Sharda Nagar resident Bhupendra Singh Chhapeda. The incident is reported from the Rawatpur police station area. The reports state that the guest house didn’t have fire extinguishers.

Advertisement

The fire could have engulfed the surrounding houses, but people informed the fire department as and when they saw huge flames emitting from the office. A major accident was averted as the guest house office was closed and there was no staff present at that time. The fire was doused after an hour.

According to the guest house manager Rahul, no one was present in the guest house at the time of the incident. The incident took place due to a short circuit in the electricity board of the office, he said.

Rawatpur police station in-charge Sanjay Kumar Shukla said that the fire started in the exterior of the guest house, which was brought under control in time. The situation is completely normal, further action will be taken on receipt of the complaint.

Advertisement
Tags :
×