Himachal Pradesh CM Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu presents his first state Budget, says cow cess on sale of liquor bottles
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Sukhvinder Singh Sukhu on Friday presented his first state Budget for the financial year 2023-24 in the state assembly.
The chief minister said Himachal Pradesh will be developed as a model state for electric vehicles. Electric vehicles will be encouraged in a phased manner with the collaboration of private and public sectors, he added.
In order to boost tourism, Sukhu said that Kangra district will be developed as the tourist capital and all 12 districts will be connected with heliport facilities in the next one year.
The 58-year-old said Himachal will be developed as a Green state by 2026 and two panchayats will be developed as Green Panchayat.
Read Also: BJP worked for Britishers, weren’t part of freedom struggle: Congress chief Kharge on JP Nadda’s anti-national toolkit barb
Himachal Pradesh Budget 2023-24
- A cow cess of Rs 10 per bottle is to be imposed on the sale of liquor bottles. This will move to fetch Rs 100 crore revenue per annum.
- Rs 25,000 would be provided to 20,000 girl students to buy electric scooties.
- CM announces Rs 1,916 crore for the Rural Development and Panchayati Raj department.
- 80 percent subsidy will be given on setting up fish ponds.
- Trout farming will be promoted to supplement farmers’ income.
- MNREGA daily wages raised from Rs 212 to 240
- CM announced Rs 500 crore Him Ganga scheme for providing appropriate milk rates to the farmers.
- Farmers and their groups will be provided loans on two percent interest for starting start-ups.
- 10,000 meritorious students will be given tablets.
- A library will be set up in every senior secondary school.
- CM announces Rs 50 lakh subsidy to Himachali youth to purchase e-bus and e- truck.
- CM says the Congress government would restore the old pension scheme, benefitting 1.36 lakh employees.
Rahul Gandhi UK remarks: Both Houses adjourned as BJP steps up apology demand
Rahul Gandhi permanent part of anti-national toolkit: BJP chief JP Nadda