How to make UPI payments without internet connection: Here's step-by-step guide
06:54 PM Jun 13, 2022 IST | shahrukh
Have you ever been in a situation where you are in the middle of any online transaction using Google Pay, Paytm, PhonePe, or any other UPI payment service, and all of sudden your transaction stops due to bad Internet connection? If you yes, then we have a solution for you so that in case you stuck in the same situation again, then you will what to do.
Users can dial *99#, a USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) from any of the networks. It will let you send money, change your UPI PIN, and even check your account balance without an internet connection.
Here’s how you can make online payments through UPI without an internet connection?
To note, users are advised to use the same phone number to enjoy the service that is linked with the bank account otherwise this service won’t work.
- Users are advised to dial *99# on their smartphone and select the language first
- After selecting the language, it will ask you to enter your bank name.
- After writing it, you will be seeing a list of all the bank accounts that are linked with your phone number.
- Choose the one account from which you want to make payment.
- It will ask you to enter the last 6 digits of your debit card alongside the expiry date.
- Once you are done filling in all the required details, you will be able to make any online UPI payments without an Internet connection, which is mentioned below.
How to make offline UPI payments without the internet?
- Users need to dial *99# and reply with 1 to send money.
- The interface will ask you to enter the UPI ID/ phone number/ bank account number of the person you want to send money to.
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- It will ask you to enter your UPI PIN.
- Once you are done filling in all the details, click ok. You will be charged a sum of Rs Rs. 0.50 per transaction for using the offline transaction service.