Mulund building fire: 10 people, including 3 children, hospitalized, 80 rescued
Ten residents, including three children, were injured after a fire erupted at a seven-storey residential building in Mumbai’s Mulund West on Wednesday. The incident happened at around 2:55 pm at the Jagruti Society in Vithhal Nagar.
Fire brigade teams along with the rescue team rushed to the spot to douse the fire. Around 80 people, who were trapped inside the building, were rescued safely. According to the press statement by BMC’s disaster management cell, the fire was extinguished around 3:10 pm.
The fire broke out in the electric meter room on the ground floor of the building and the smoke from the meter room spread to all its seven floors. Fire brigade chief Sanjay Manjrekar said it was not a major fire but the smoke had spread to all the floors. Scared of the smoke, people came out running and got trapped, he said.
The official said that the fire was confined to electric wiring, electric installation, electric main cables, all meters, all switches, etc. in a common electric meter cabin on the ground floor plus the upper seven floored residential building.
Read Also: Fake doctor booked after infant dies during surgery in Uttar Pradesh’s Etah
As per the reports, all of them are being treated for smoke inhalation and are expected to be discharged from the hospital today.
Reports state that during the rescue operation, 10 people fell unconscious and fell on the stairs. The Mumbai Fire Brigade personnel immediately took them to the municipal hospital.
Dr Vidya Thakur, chief medical superintendent of Municipal General Peripheral Hospital, said, As a precautionary measure they have been given oxygen support as they are children. No one has any burn injuries. All of them have been admitted due to smoke inhalation but everyone’s condition is stable and likely to be discharged today.
Judges attacked in Bihar: Sasaram judge and colleague assaulted, two arrested
All India Kisan Sabha-led march of farmers, Tribals inches closer to Mumbai