Punjab Gun Culture: CM Bhagwant Mann tightens noose on guidelines for guns
Clamping down hard on gun culture in Punjab, the Bhagwant Mann government has taken big decisions regarding weapons and have issued strict guidelines regarding guns.
There are reports of bullets being fired in the state every other day. Many big personalities including singer Siddhu Moose Wala and Shiv Sena leader Sudhir Suri were shot dead in Punjab raising brows on the administration.
It has been said in the issued guidelines that public display of weapons will be strictly prohibited.
New instructions state that all licences for weapons previously granted will be thoroughly reviewed within the following three months, and no new licences will be granted unless the District Collector is personally persuaded that exceptional grounds exist for doing so.
Also, arms license will not be available so easily. Many rules have been made regarding this too. Now, in the coming days random checking will be done in different areas. The impactful guideline is that glorifying weapons in Punjabi songs has been prohibited. Drugs and weapons will not be a part of the song from now on.
Read the new guideline of the Punjab government here-
• All arms licenses issued so far will be fully reviewed within the next 3 months. No new arms license shall be granted unless the DC is personally satisfied that extraordinary grounds exist for doing so.
• Public display of weapons (including demonstrations on social media) will be strictly prohibited.
• In the coming days, random checking will be done in different areas.
• Songs that glorify weapons or violence will be strictly prohibited.
• FIR will be registered and strict action will be taken against those who speak hate speech against any community.
• Hasty or reckless use of weapons or celebratory firing which endangers human life or personal safety of others will be a punishable offense as FIR will be registered against the violator.