From infrastructure to women empowerment, here's list of key highlights of UP Budget 2023-24
Uttar Pradesh Finance Minister Suresh Kumar Khanna released the state’s annual budget for 2023-24 in the Legislative Assembly on Wednesday. The budget was passed in the cabinet meeting chaired by UP CM, Yogi Adityanath.
While presenting the presentation in the assembly, Khanna told the reporters that it is one of the most significant budgets in the history of UP and the government is committed to developing the state in every possible manner.
Read Also: Singer Neha Singh Rathore gets notice over satirical song on death of 2 women in Kanpur’s demolition drive
Here’s a list of key highlights of the UP budget 2023-24
- In order to woo the youths in the state, the UP FM said that an amount of Rs 3,600 has been allocated for the provision of tablets and smartphones for all the students who are eligible for the Swami Vivekananda Youth Empowerment Scheme.
- An amount of Rs 1,050 crore has been allocated to the women under Chief Minister Kanya Sumangala Yojana, under which the women will be able to enjoy financial help to from the government who are parents of two girl children in one family. While Rs 4,032 crore has been given to destitute widows and Rs 600 crore to the Samuhik Vivah scheme, which will benefit girls of all classes for their marriage.
- When it comes to infrastructure, the UP government has allocated an amount of Rs 21,159 crore for the construction of the new or repaired existing roads in the state. For bridge maintenance, Rs 6,209 crore has been given.
- Khanna in his speech also said that the amount of Rs 3,473 crore also has been proposed for the bridges and road work for agricultural marketing facilities and Rs 1,525 crore for the development of roads in rural areas.
- By keeping religious tourism in the mind, Khanna allocated an annual budget of Rs 1,000 crore in order to develop the construction of roads in religious places.
Meanwhile, the UP government announced a budget of Rs 6.15 lakh crore for 2022-23 last year, under which various sections of the society such as students, rural areas, and infrastructure were considered as some of the major sectors.
Congress new regulations: increased membership fee, election for Priyanka Gandhi Vadra
Railways cancel over 400 trains on February 22, see full list here