For the best experience, open
https://m.apnlive.com
on your mobile browser.
Advertisement

YouTube India allows creators to monetise their channel through Shorts videos, know everything about latest update

If you are a new content creator on YouTube (YT) and struggling to monetize your channel, then here's good news for all of you.
04:23 PM Sep 21, 2022 IST | APN Live
youtube india allows creators to monetise their channel through shorts videos  know everything about latest update
Advertisement

If you are a new content creator on YouTube (YT) and struggling to monetize your channel, then here’s good news for all of you. YouTube India on Wednesday finally update its partner program policies, under which it has allowed creators to earn money after monetizing their channel through Shorts videos only. Seems interesting right?

Advertisement

The platform has confirmed the news through a blog post, where it said that creators who make Shorts videos now are eligible to apply for the YouTube Partner Program (YPP) if they have 1,000 subscribers, 4,000 watch times in the past 364 days on their Shorts videos or have delivered views around 10 million views over past 90 days.

The recent development comes at a time when new or small creators are struggling to get some recognition from the platform for their content. YouTube India’s vice president of Amjad Hanif said that a new level of YPP has been introduced in the country under which the new creator can achieve good heights as the YT offering the earlier access to content creators to use Fan Funding features like Super Thanks, Super Chat, Super Stickers, and Channel Memberships.

Advertisement

Read Also: Happy Birthday Kareena Kapoor: From Poo in Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham to Geet in Jab We Met, iconic performances by Bebo

Hanif further informed that in order to give a certain credit and revenue to the eligible creators, YouTube soon includes ads on shorts videos, which will run in between videos on its Shorts feed. The overall ad revenue from the videos on Shorts supper soon will be added at the end of this month, YouTube’s vice president added.

Advertisement

YouTube will provide creators with a total of 45 percent of ad revenue out of the total. The other 55 percent of will be taken by the platform itself in order to pay its licensing and music fees.  

Apart from YouTube, the Meta-owned social media platform, Instagram also made some changes in its partner policy, where it has allowed creators to monetize their work and earn revenue from it.

iPhone 13 discount: Apple’s feature-loaded smartphone at lowest price ever, check details

Raju Srivastava: From PM Narendra Modi to Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel, prominent leaders pay condolences

Advertisement
Tags :
×